BRIGHTON — The 27J Education Foundation will award $4,000 in scholarships to graduating School District 27J seniors this year. To be considered for a 27J Education Foundation scholarship, applicants must:
• Be a School District 27J graduating senior who has completed one full school year in the district.
• Have a scholastic record of 2.5 cumulative GPA or better.
• Have been actively involved in the community and/or school activities.
• Obtain and attach two written references: One from a member of the high school staff and one from a community member who has direct knowledge of the applicant’s community involvement.
• Enroll in a university, college, community college or vocational school as a full-time or part-time student. Award will be adjusted accordingly for part-time enrollment.
In addition to the awarding of four $1,000 scholarships, the Foundation will facilitate the distribution of the $1,000 Gene C. Abbott memorial scholarship as well as two, $500 scholarships from Colorado Credit Union. Students can obtain applications at their high school counseling office or on the 27J Education Foundation website at www.sd27j.org.
The Education Foundation develops community partnerships that encourage a wide variety of educational experiences through scholarships and grants. As a volunteer-run organization, the majority of the 27J Education Foundation’s funding is used to support district educational programs.