- Special Sections
- Public Notices
COMMERCE CITY — The city is seeking Commerce City residents to serve on its newly formed Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) Citizen Advisory Committee. Members will advise the city on matters relating to the implementation of voter-approved Ballot Issue 2K.
The committee consists of 11 members, comprised of two representatives from each of the four wards and three members for the city at-large. Members of the committee shall be appointed to three (3) year staggered terms and shall serve no more than two (2) consecutive terms. The committee shall meet quarterly, or more frequently as needed. Commerce City employees and council members, their immediate family members, and other elected public officials are not eligible for membership.
Visit www.c3gov.com/boards for additional information about the CIP Advisory Committee and to download an application. Along with submitting a boards and commissions application, interested residents should include a one-page letter of interest. Submissions should be provided to the City Clerk’s office at 7887 E. 60th Avenue or to City Clerk Laura Bauer, firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is July 16, 2014.
The mission of the CIP Advisory Committee is:
• To receive staff reports on the progress of each approved CIP project in relationship to established schedules, budget allocations, project goals, and quality management guidelines.
• To provide advice to the City Council on opportunities and issues related to the implementation of the five approved CIP projects, specifically relating to the three key program elements of:
• Accountability – Demonstrating effective stewardship of taxpayer dollars
• Engagement – Provide tangible opportunities for community members to engage
• Potential – Leverage civic support and progress beyond the initial five projects
• To review and provide comment on public engagement and public information plans.
• To promote public awareness and understanding of the voter-approved CIP projects and the implementation of each.