Deadline for Commerce City board, commission applications is Feb. 26

-A A +A
By The Staff

COMMERCE CITY — A number of local boards and commissions are in need of interested Commerce City residents to serve as members or alternate members.

Officials are seeking applicants for Cultural Council, Derby Review Board, Housing Authority, and Liquor License Authority.

“Serving on municipal boards and commissions is a great way to get more involved in the community,” said City Manager Brian McBroom in a news release announcing the need for applicants. “We encourage residents to learn more about how the city operates and help build a Quality Community for a Lifetime.”

Residents are needed for the following positions:

Two Housing Authority alternates vacancies

These individuals would serve a five-year term that involves administering Section 8 housing regulations and providing low-interest loans for fixing property. Members must be qualified to vote and either be a resident or conduct a substantial part of their business in the city. Meetings occur the second Wednesday of the month at 5:45 p.m.

Five Cultural Council vacancies

These members would serve three-year terms to help advance and preserve art, music, theater and dance within the city. Meetings occur the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m.

Three Liquor License Authority vacancies and three alternates

These individuals would serve a three-year term and have the authority to grant, approve, renew, suspend, revoke or deny liquor licenses and special-event permits. Members must live in the city, be at least 21 years of age and have no financial interest in the operation of a liquor-licensed establishment. Meetings occur the first Tuesday of each month at 1 p.m.

One Derby Review Board vacancy

This individual serves a three-year term with the purpose to interpret and apply the Derby Design Guidelines and Standards and to grant or deny development applications based upon these standards. Meetings occur at 5:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month.

Interested residents should contact Deputy City Clerk Cheryl Scott at 303-227-8791 or visit www.c3gov.com/boards for more information and to apply online. All applications should be submitted by 5 p.m. Wednesday,, Feb. 26. Paper applications can be picked up at the city clerk’s office at the civic center.