COMMERCE CITY — The holiday is brighter for 265 local children this year because of Commerce City’s annual Project Present.
The program supported 25 more children than last year, thanks to the generosity of local businesses and city employees.
Created by the city’s parks and recreation department, the program benefits underprivileged children by providing them with gifts. Each year, local elementary schools nominate 20 children in need, some of which are homeless, living with a single parent or don’t have a stable support system. Children provide a wish list of items, ranging from clothes to toys.
Organizers sent out a special thank you to the sponsors who helped make this year’s Project Present a success:
• Colorado Rapids
• Smile 4 Life Dental
• Church Next Door
• Suncor Energy
• OGR Construction
• Exodus Moving and Storage
• Treasured Teeth Pediatric Dental Specialist
• United Asphalts
• Commerce City leadership team
• Commerce City building safety division
• Commerce City parks and recreation department
• Commerce City finance department
• Commerce City neighborhood services division
• Commerce City communications division.